The Erie Regional Airport Authority manages and operates Erie International Airport (ERI). The Airport Authority directly employs only a small percentage of the professional who work at the airport, so be sure to inquire with individual airport tenants for additional opportunities to work at ERI. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, an applicant will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
Current available jobs with the Erie Regional Airport Authority are posted here, if available.
Erie International Airport, Erie PA
The Erie Regional Airport Authority (ERAA) is looking for an Operations and Airport Facilities Intern. ERAA’s paid Summer Internship Program offers ten (10) weeks of professional experience for college students while performing meaningful work to support the Authority’s operations.
Responsibilities include performing administrative duties that support the daily activities of the Airfield Operations Department. In addition, this position will provide management direction and problem resolution to assigned special projects. To apply, please send your current resume and unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than COB February 18, 2022.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manages the Minimum Standards program for the Airport Authority. Assists in developing and writing performance criteria for measurement of compliance within the minimum standards.
- Proactively inspects and patrols all airport facilities, grounds, and properties to ensure regulatory compliance with FAR Part 139, Airport Certification Manual, FAR Part 77, TSR 1542, Airport Security Plan, Storm Water Management Plan, Spill Prevention Control Procedures, Wildlife Hazard Management Plan, Safety Management System, and other codes, procedures, regulations, and policies as may be relevant or enacted from time to time.
- Takes action as necessary.
- Compiles detailed and highly accurate reports, logs, and maintenance requests and takes action as necessary to correct deficiencies.
- Ensures safety of airport for aviation users by observing runway, weather, and airfield conditions.
- Effectively and efficiently communicates pertinent and timely airport information to other airport employees, tenants, contractors, and users.
- Monitors air traffic control radio traffic, responds to direct requests for assistance, and self-dispatches as necessary.
- Provides administrative assistance and support to management with regular review and update of various documents, manuals, and airport data as published in various aids to pilots.
- Conducts research, provides administrative support and assistance as may be necessary to airport management as assigned.
- Attend meetings as directed
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
ERI Core Competency Requirements
- Complete work assignments in an accurate and neat manner
- Produce required volume of work within assigned deadlines
- Practice cooperative, positive and flexible work habits and accept accountability for job responsibilities
- Use sound, ethical judgment in solving problems and making decisions
- Use effective interpersonal skills to develop positive work relationships
- Perform work in a safe, secure and ethical manner
- Use good communication skills in and between work groups
- Comply with required work schedules
- Provide good internal/external customer service
- Comply with all ERI policies and procedures
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary Airport/Aviation Management program or related field of study as a fourth-year active student -OR- a recent graduate within the past eight months
- Able to work outdoors in varying climactic conditions
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- GPA of 2.75 or greater
- Professional work experience in aviation or airport operations
- Radio operator experience